The TARDIS materialises on board a huge Earth spaceship in the 28th century and the First Doctor, Susan, Barbara and Ian soon discover that the crew are under the control of the alien Sensorites...
• 6 x 25 mins approx monochrome episodes
with mono audio.
• Commentary with actors William Russell, Carole Ann Ford, Joe Greig, Martyn Huntley and Giles Phipps, director Frank Cox, designer Raymond Cusick and make-up designer Sonia Markham. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
• Looking for Peter (dur. 21’ 20”) – actor and comedian Toby Hadoke goes on a journey to try to discover something – anything – about the enigmatic Peter R Newman, writer of ‘The Sensorites’. With the assistance of Hammer Films archivist Marcus Hearn and researcher Richard Bignell, he manages to uncover much more than he bargained for…
• Vision On (dur. 7’ 03”) – vision mixer Clive Doig talks about his work on early Doctor Who and explains how the vison mixer and director worked together to produce the finished programme essentially ‘as live’. .
• Secret Voices of the Sense Sphere (dur. 2’ 03”) – Clive Doig explains the origins of the mysterious voices occasionally heard in the background of The Sensorites…
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials (including original design drawings), Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 15 August 2012. No reproduction allowed without written permission.