The Fourth Doctor joins forces with the savage tribeswoman Leela to battle a megalomaniac computer which might very well be his own creation...
• 4 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with
• Commentary with actors Louise Jameson, Leslie Schofield, David Garfield, Michael Elles and Harry H Fielder, producer Philip Hinchcliffe and film cameraman John McGlashan. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
• Into the Wild (dur. 25’ 10”) – a look back at the making of The Face of Evil. With actors Louise Jameson and Anthony Frieze, director Pennant Roberts, producer Philip Hinchcliffe, designer Austin Ruddy and visual effects designer Mat Irvine.
• From the Cutting Room Floor (dur. 9’ 03”) – trims from the cutting room floor provide the basis for this fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the film shoot for The Face of Evil.
• Tomorrow’s Times – The Fourth Doctor (dur. 14’ 05”) – our ongoing series looking at the press coverage of Doctor Who reaches the Tom Baker era. Presented by Wendy Padbury. 16:9 .
• Doctor Who Stories: Louise Jameson (dur. 17’ 20”) – Louise Jameson talks about her role on the programme in this interview shot for 2003’s ‘The Story of Doctor Who’.
• Swap Shop (dur. 4’ 27”) – an extract from Louise Jameson’s appearance on the Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, interviewed by Noel Edmonds.
• Denys Fisher Toys Advert (dur. 0’ 30”) – TV advert for the Denys Fisher range of Doctor Who dolls and accessories.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials (including the 1976 Typhoo Tea Doctor Who Promotion) , Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 15 August 2012. No reproduction allowed without written permission.